Thursday, November 22, 2007

Life Changes

Hmmm.......Jae Youn and I got engaged Monday night. I will not go into much detail, but she loves the ring and we are still trying to pick a date. We made a trip to the Gulf coast and went to the Beau Rivage. We had dinner at Jia where I tried the Korean BBQ. It was great. Maybe, I will post some pictures later. She spent last night calling all of her family in Korea and California. All of her family is really excited. I think they are more excited about us coming back to Korea in a little bit more than a month. I spoke to her father last night and I have got to start working harder on my Korean. I have already decided that I will study at least 1 hour everyday. He is really adamant that I learn Korean and I should be more devoted to studying.

We are going to be back on the road soon. We are leaving the day after Thanksgiving to go to the Smokie Mountains with some friends and then on to Kentucky for a few days.

I am also still in the process of looking for a new job and am hoping that I can find something that will make me happy. I am still trying to decide if I want to go for a large or small school. I also have been invited to interview for a University Junior program so we will see. I am still trolling dave's and some other sites looking for good jobs in Yeongtong or Suwon.

1 comment:

James Turnbull said...

Hi, I found your blog randomly via the Korea Blog List, but I'm glad I did and just wanted to say congratulations. My wife is also Korean, and now we have a 17 month old daughter too.

I look forward to reading more once you get back at the end of December.

Regards,
James in Busan.

Add Your Blog.com
Travel Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites